Shannon Oaks College is Christian education for the church with the emphasis on applying what you learn. Consider it Continuing Christian Education or Christian Vocational Technology. It’s a series of “mini-mesters,” each six weeks in duration. Depending upon response and attendance, more courses could be offered each session.
Class Times & Info
SOC College meets for 6-week sessions on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 - 8:00 PM and offers runs alongside SOC Youth and Kids programming.
Each class will be offered on multiple occasions to insure you have the opportunity to benefit from each course. Below are the class options for the next upcoming session in no particular order.
- Getting To Know Your Bible Better – Old and New Testament overview, followed by tools, tips and techniques to help the Bible come alive. Tailored for the novice, but with enough interesting detail to make it worthwhile for the regular Bible reader. Designed to help people lead family Bible study with no more training.
- Nurturing the New Creation – The old has gone, the new has come...now what? Learn how to truly live as the new creation that Christ has made you to be! Move from being dependent on someone for spiritual food and nourishment toward being able to feed yourself! Discover how to cultivate spiritual growth in your own journey!
LOCATION & DIRECTIONS
Shannon Oaks Church is in Sulphur Springs, Texas. Find our location address by clicking here.
What can I expect?
How long is an SOC College Class?
6-Week sessions of classes are held at 6:30 PM on Wednesday evening and are about 60 minutes in length after 30 minutes of corporate praise & worship.
The SOC College Schedule for 2021 is as follows:
- Spring Session 1: Feb 17 - Mar 31
- Spring Session 2: Apr 7 - May 12
- Summer Session: June 30 - Aug 4
- Fall Session 1: Sept 1 - Oct 6
- Fall Session 2: Oct 13 - Nov 17
What's the culture like at SHANNON OAKS Church?
The environment at Shannon Oaks Church is exciting, casual, and relaxed. Come as you are and expect to feel welcomed as our guest.
What about my kids?
If at all possible, we encourage your children to stay in the SOC College Class with you. If your child's participation is not an option, we believe that kids should have a blast every single week - and at SOC Kids, we make this a priority. SOC Kids is offered for kids ages infant through Grade 5.
"I always wanted to know the Bible better but was afraid to let anyone know my need. SOC College is a non-threatening environment where the powerful Word of God was painlessly opened up for me like never before."