"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14
From Friday, September 25 through Tuesday, November 3, we will be engaging 40 Days of Prayer & Fasting. We believe God is going to do amazing things as His people pray and seek His face!
So, WHAT is fasting? According to the Bible, "fasting" means to abstain from food. Fasting, however, is not simply a diet. It was a practice that was engaged in a variety of ways throughout the Bible to encounter God more intimately and accomplish His purposes. When Jesus teaches the crowd in Matthew 6, He assumes His followers will fast and gives instruction on how to prevent our pride from getting in the way!
The principle of fasting is clear: to suppress the flesh and its appetite in order to strengthen the Spirit and its appetite! Fasting is a great way to remind us of what truly sustains us! Jesus said in Matthew 4 that man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God! Today, fasting still proves to be very effective in transforming our hearts, strengthening our spirit, healing the body, and overcoming strongholds in the flesh!
Here are some extra opportunities to seek the face of the Father.
- Every Monday afternoon at 3:30 PM, we will be meeting online via YouTube & Facebook for musical praise & worship
- Every Tuesday at noon (beginning Sept 29), we will be meeting in person on campus to pray
- Every other Sunday evening (10/4, 10/18, 11/1) at 6 pm, we will be gathering on campus for prayer and worship
- Every day of this 40 day journey, you can follow the guidance of our Prayer Guides
- Week 1 - Fri, Sept 25 through Thur, Oct 1
- Week 2 - Fri, Oct 2 through Thur, Oct 8
- Week 3 - Fri, Oct 9 through Thur, Oct 15
- Week 4 - Fri, Oct 16 through Thur, Oct 22
- Week 5 - Fri, Oct 23 through Thur, Oct 29
- Week 6 - Fri, Oct 30 through Tues, Nov 3
We truly hope you will join us in this transformative journey!
We can't wait to hear what God is going to do as you pray and seek His face!