Contrary to popular belief, it is possible to talk about the Gospel without making earthly death the focus. In fact, the Gospel has more to do with life than it does death...much more!
In short, through Jesus (and only through Jesus), we have access to everything we were created for. Through Jesus,
- We become fully-loved, fully-accepted children restored to their true and perfect Father
- We become completely and eternally forgiven for our rebellious ways of trying to do things our way
- We become rightly entitled to the blessings of Heaven
- We become victoriously empowered by the Holy Spirit to live by faith, not by sight
- We become purposefully reconnected to God's family
We can't attain these things from God on our own, even on our best day. It is God's gift to us only through the life, death, burial, resurrection and spirit-outpouring of Jesus Christ. To speak of the Gospel only in terms of "what happens to you after you die," diminishes the work of Jesus, the gift of God and the purpose for a believer. There's so much more! Is this the Gospel you've believed in?